Well, the Spring semester has come to an end, and everyone is home celebrating a short break before summer classes begin. Summer classes bring new challenges and adventures as well as new kiddos to serve. Several of us will continue to work in the preschool as volunteers during this summer, but we will also be working with little ones in the Parent Infant Program. I'm glad we get the opportunity to work with kids of all ages throughout our Masters program. I am still not sure what age I would like to work with when I graduate. I have had so much fun in the preschool, but I have also toyed around with the idea of working with older kids. I'm sure time (and experience) will tell.
This break has definitely been much needed. As the semester was winding down it became clear that everyone needed a few days away from school. Everyone said graduate school was going to be hard, but I didn't anticipate the emotional toll it would take. From the stress of classes, work, and relationships with classmates to the feeling of being a fish out of water, expected to do things I have never done before, this semester definitely tested my spirit. I am feeling much better after spending a week at home with my family.
One night, as I was venting to my husband, he asked me, "Do you even remember why you decided to do this?" I stopped and thought about that for a second, and 7 little faces came to mind. Yes, I know exactly why I decided to do this, because I love those kids, and I want to be the best student I can be so that someday I will be the best educator I can be.
We are halfway done with our program, and it's scary to think that in less than a year we will be in the "real world," but I know I still have a lot to learn and a lot of adventures to embark on.
Monday, May 24, 2010
New Adventures
Posted by Kim at 9:11 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment