I started college as a Musical Theater major. I love to sing and dance and then it hit me; how many blonde haired, blue eyed girls are trying to make it on Broadway and I'm certainly not a size 0. I changed my major to theater education and quickly realized I didn't want to work with high schoolers.
I've always been interested in speech disorders and I had found I work best with children in groups of 10 or less. I changed my major one last time to Speech-Language Pathology. My favorite classes in undergrad were my sign language classes. I loved learning sign and using sign.
I graduated with my bachelors in Speech-Language Pathology and when applying for graduate school, I was asked if I wanted to try Deaf Education. My parents are teachers, and I really didn't want to be a teacher, but I think I was destined for it. I am so glad I chose Deaf Education and I'm never looking back!
After I get my masters I plan on teaching preschool or elementary school, so if anyone is reading this that can offer any of us a job in the next year, we are willing! I love little kids and working in the preschool I learn something new every time I'm in there. They are amazing! I love school and what I do and can't imagine myself doing anything else!
Saturday, January 30, 2010
Teagan Smith
Posted by Teagan at 10:24 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment